Phosban Reactor 150 and Rowaphos question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matthewh133

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, about 12-13 hours ago I added a Two Little Fishes Phosban Reactor 150 to my system and added Rowaphos to it.

My tank is new, and before adding the reactor, the tank was at .6 phosphate. I just tested the output of the reactor, and it's still at .25, what is this indicating? Do I not have enough rowaphos in it? Do I not have enough flow going through it?

The edges of the rowaphos around the reactor are constantly, lightly bubbling up. I have just over 1 inch of rowaphos in there currently, and my tank is 36 X 18 X 18.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So you are saying in 12 hrs your phosphate dropped from .60 to .25? I would say it's working as expected. You will know the GFO is exhausted when the phospahte starts to rise again.

Quick update.

It's now been over a week since adding the reactor. I have changed rowaphos media twice, but I can't get my phophate below about .15.

The lowest I measured with my hanna checker from the output tube of the reactor was .08 at one stage. Since then, it's staying at around .14 and I can't seem to get it any lower?

Is it possible I'm doing something wrong? What else could be causing this?

Thanks guys.

How much are you using (tablespoons) in the reactor? You should start with 1 tablespoon/4 gal of water. For a 50g tank you should start with about 12 tablespoons and then you can up that to 24 tablespoons once the system is used to running at a low phosphate level.

ccCapt said:
How much are you using (tablespoons) in the reactor? You should start with 1 tablespoon/4 gal of water. For a 50g tank you should start with about 12 tablespoons and then you can up that to 24 tablespoons once the system is used to running at a low phosphate level.

I use one of these with the bio pellets and have 0 nitrates 0 phosphates

Back
Top Bottom