Phytoplankton?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theyoungaquariest

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering what brand of bottled phytoplankton you use. I know that everyone has their own opinion and expectations, but what would you recomend for soft corals???:rolleyes:

Phyto is one of those things that if you do it you need to underfeed your tank. I use DT`s and it says to add everyday but I add it maybe every 5 days. Excessive phyto feedings will foul your tank up in a minute. I sure dont want to see you with a post wondering why my tank is over run with algea. What type soft corals do you have?

Well Im trying soft corals for the first time (I havent gotten them yet) But Im thinking some zoos, mushrooms and polyps.

ok, thank you!!! But then What do I feed them? I mean I know that they filter feed and photosynthesis and calcium etc..... but what else?

They will get all they need from the lighting and water column. I`ve never fed my mushrooms and I`ve gone from 1 to hundreds.

I agree with Mike. Mushrooms and Zoas will grow like mad if they like your system. I too started with 1 mushroom and now have them all over my system. As long as your system is balanced and stable Zoas will do well.

Back
Top Bottom