Pics of new 37 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just started a new 37 gal reef that is in an indoor window so you can view it from both sides. My girl wanter this tank for our anniversary so what could I say.

It has a hanging Current USA Orbit 2 x 65, 3 Rio 200 powerheads, 150 watt Visitherm Stealth heater, and a skilter 250 with and air stone and a surface skimmer, I plan to upgrade to a red sea prizm eventually.

40 lbs of aragonite LS, 5 lbs of LR until tomarrow :lol:

eventually it will be inhabited by a pair of black perculas, a sixline wrasse, and dotty back or something else added at a later date!

my water is good, no trates or trites, and no ammonia.

Kitchen side...
Picture%20015_24.jpg

Hallway side...
Picture%20017_15.jpg

Sweet set up. If you go with the wrasse, they are jumpers, you might want to look into some egg crate or some other cover.

You might want to go ahead and cycle your tank with the lr that comes in. I have not seen where you have cycled the tank. If you have not, check out the sites articles.

The tank has been running for 3 weeks.

I threw a cube of frozen fish food in and let it get nasty. Amm and trites spiked and then the trites went down to nothing and the trates never spiked at all.

Everything is at zero now.

Something is not right in that the end result of your cycle has to be nitrates. The ammonia and nitrites have to turn into nitrates. You might want to recheck everything.

Not neccesarily, I used a filter pad out of my established tank which is cramed with de-nitrifying bacteria, and only used cured LR and and 40 lbs of LS seeded with some from my tank.

I did see a small spike of trates, but they onlky got up to about 20 ppm, now they are at zero.....

I agree, it is hard to beleive that it is going this well, I have rechecked it every day for a week and even had the LFS check it. Strange but true......

I have also done two 10 % water changes.

We will see what happens, I plan on adding 25lbs of LR today, and as long as nothing spikes I plan to add the pair of black percs in the next week after that.

I will have pleanty of water available for quick changes in case of any apikes.

Back
Top Bottom