pictures of my lion fish n coralline algea!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joseramentol

Aquarium Advice Activist
here are some pictures of my lion fish which loves the camera and has no problem posing for it lol :D,also some pictures of my coralline algea i got the rocks about 5 days ago and started the purpleup treatment 2 days agos so hopefully it spreads fast

my tank is still cyclying thats why it has no other fishes or corals i will post updates

img_2078591_0_c2a56cec954e2639f9101287cae6bee7.jpg
img_2078591_1_17cc901baf454d51c44cf9bb2b1feb04.jpg
img_2078591_2_170b701d93ab245541138161b662542f.jpg
img_2078591_3_e6514b38db2c8f788f6b5b90f3d265d3.jpg
img_2078591_4_c9e1f1967f2ed7981d146658882cb28d.jpg
img_2078591_5_656c4abe466e1d050757b688c2269d0d.jpg

cashmoney6980 said:
I hope I'm not being rude, but why did you put the lionfish in there if its still cycling?

It mite not make it

I hope I'm not being rude, but why did you put the lionfish in there if its still cycling?

well i always use a lion fish to cycle my water quicker since i catch him at the ocean he has bacteria and everything on it, until now my friends and i have used this method and all lion fishes have survived with no prob those fishes are really tough

idk i heard it once from some1 and ever since ive used this method and seem to work (y)

Nice lion how long have you had him? I have a lion too.

well this 1 i got new about 2 weeks ago since my other 1 i gave him away with the rest of my fishes cause im starting my tank all over again, i want to make a reef tank this time instead of a predator tank, im just using the lion for my cycle

thats a really nice looking eel always wanted 1 but never got it i just had a lion fish 3 trigger fishes and an octopus when i had my predator tank

joseramentol said:
well this 1 i got new about 2 weeks ago since my other 1 i gave him away with the rest of my fishes cause im starting my tank all over again, i want to make a reef tank this time instead of a predator tank, im just using the lion for my cycle

thats a really nice looking eel always wanted 1 but never got it i just had a lion fish 3 trigger fishes and an octopus when i had my predator tank

In selling my chain link eel if you really do want an eel I will give him to you for 30 but I don't ship mainly because I don't want to effect the quality of the animal he is 12 in I will upload a pic if you are really interested and if you are we can talk about shipping I may ship if you pay for it I live in Orlando Florida.

Did the octo kill everything????

truthfully on my tank it never killed anything but maybe thats cause the trigger fishes and lion fish were tripple it size, i also had a damzel and clown fish in there before giving them away to my father in law, i gave him the octopus since i want to do a reef tank now and he's told me he almost doesnt want it cause it ate his yellow tang, his damzel and also a cleaner shrimp or something like that, i guess it just depends on the size of your fishes or maybe i just got lucky lol

I've always wanted an octopus but have been to afraid of it eating everything. Did you keep snails and hermit crabs with him?

I've always wanted an octopus but have been to afraid of it eating everything. Did you keep snails and hermit crabs with him?

thanks, im not sure what is called because my wife gave it to me for fathers day, i believe its a 2 spotted side octopus,as to hermit crabs and snail for sure it will eat it they love eating crabs or anything in a shell lol

That is one cool octopus! I eventually want to get one. My dream tank is to have just a solo octopus!

Did you ever have any troubles with it tryin to escape?

That is one cool octopus! I eventually want to get one. My dream tank is to have just a solo octopus!

Did you ever have any troubles with it tryin to escape?

not really he would clib near the top of the tank but never high enough to get out, i would always have the top covered just incase i didnt want to wake up to an octopus stuck on my face since my tank is next to my bed lol

I have always wondered how you would keep the tank clean if you can't keep snails and crabs with a octopus?

Predator said:
I have always wondered how you would keep the tank clean if you can't keep snails and crabs with a octopus?

I always wondered that 2 when I had reef fishes in there my tank was always dirty once I switched to predator tank I never had to clean the tank the few times I would clean it would be by the outside cause of the finger prints and just the normal water change a 15-20%

Back
Top Bottom