pin the tail on the rock....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a kenya tree coral last night, but it wasn't all the way on the rock. Is there anything i can do to help it grow on the rock more to be more stable? There is hardly anything holding him on there. TIA

No...You have to use super glue gel. I do not think you will be successful with it on that coral though. It will just slime and the glue will let go. They will usually get a better grip on their own if you give it some time. Make sure it is not in too much current. Otherwise try a rubberband, or sit it so it is laying against the rock. It will grab hold on its on.

I heard of a toothpic and rubberband method. Has anyone heard about this and will it work with what i have? I've got it leaned up in the corner with hardly any flow hitting it. well there is flow but its coming up from beneath it to help it stay up. I'll give it some time to grow onto the rock but i was just curious about the toothpic method. i just thought that it would have to hurt the coral.

I have tried the toothpick rubberband method and did not have any luck with it. It will not normally "hurt" the coral. I think since it is already attached to a rock you will be better off letting it do it itself.

Back
Top Bottom