pistal shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a yellow watchman goby and hear that they get along well with pistal shrimps. What type of relationship do they have? Is it worth getting one for my goby? Thanks! Lando

I have a yellow w/ a pistol shrimp and they are definetly entertaining. The yellow doesn't do as well a job of guarding the pistol as the Randall's goby I had but they are still inseperable. The pistol, as you probably know, WILL move your sand around.

I have the yellow watchman/pistol pair. I agree w/MT79, and it DEFINITELY is worth getting the pistol. Gotta have the rock firmly on the bottom - as opposed to on top of the sand. Can you say avalanche? Otherwise. it's fun to watch them.

I definitely enjoy my pair.

It's called a symbiotic relationship. Mutually beneficial

thanks for the replies. My feef is actually resting on egg crate with the LS around it. Hopefully this will help prevent a rock slide. thanks again! Lando

I picked up a pistol shrimp a couple of days ago and he and my goby were instant friends. Very entertaining to watch. This gives me a whole new relationship to admire. Thanks again everyone! Lando

Back
Top Bottom