Pistol shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkushy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering if I can add a pistol shrimp and yellow watchman to my 90 gallon which already has a lawnmower blenny on it. (Didn't want to hijack the other thread with a similar question). Also, as much as I love the pair if it is inevitable that the watchman and blenny would not get along would I be fine to add just the pistol shrimp. He seems like such an entertaining addition or would I be better with something like a cleaner shrimp? Thanks in advance for any help.

I cannot answer on the compatibility of the blenny and the watchman as far as them getting along. I do however have a Randalls Goby/Randalls Pistol Shrimp Combo and a Cleaner Shrimp in my 40B. The pistol shrimp has made two appearances since I put him in the tank......I can hear him snapping everyday and that's the only way I know he's still alive. He is a little fella and I've been told he will come out more once he gets bigger. The cleaner shrimp on the other hand is always in the spotlight expecially during feeding time.

Just wondering if I can add a pistol shrimp and yellow watchman to my 90 gallon which already has a lawnmower blenny on it. (Didn't want to hijack the other thread with a similar question). Also, as much as I love the pair if it is inevitable that the watchman and blenny would not get along would I be fine to add just the pistol shrimp. He seems like such an entertaining addition or would I be better with something like a cleaner shrimp? Thanks in advance for any help.

I have those three in my tank with no problems. They don't really pay much attention to each other unless the lawnmower gets too close to their cave entrance. Only thing I can say against the pistol shrimp is if you have any corals on the sand bed they will prob get covered up with sand or flipped over. I am in a constant battle with mine to keep everything upright and uncovered. The pair is very cool though.

I do have an open brain on the sand. May have to reconsider. Too bad I really like the pistol shrimp too.

I haven't had any problems with my YWG and stary blenny. I'm not sure how similar temperments the stary and lawn mower blenny have. I would definitely recommend the goby/pistol shrimp combo if possible. If not you cant go wrong with the cleaner shrimp either.

I have 2 watchman ( one has 2 pistol shrimp) a bicolour blenny and 2 engineer gobies, they are all happy no fights

Back
Top Bottom