Pistol shrimp makig tank cloudy :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My tiger pistol shrimp is quiet industrious ever since I placed him in my new tank and he is fun to watch.
I have a sugar sized deep Sand bed and due to him digging around my tank is cloudy most of the time. I washed the living **** out of that sand and never had an issue, but this little fella is making a mess. Is there anything I can do to help with the cloudiness? Already added activated carbon... Is it gonna lessen up once he is happy with the set up he built?
Any advice is appreciated

Put some empty shells, small pieces of live rock all together, put the live rock sorta of a cave so he can dig under, put the shells around the pieces of live rock so he can use it n put it as a barrier

definitely put him near a rock that he can burrow under initially and place little crushed corals around his entrance. Mine's been using them to stabilize his tunnel. But overall I think its definitely gonna calm down after a day or two

francis said:
definitely put him near a rock that he can burrow under initially and place little crushed corals around his entrance. Mine's been using them to stabilize his tunnel. But overall I think its definitely gonna calm down after a day or two

Well, he already is living with my Randall gobbie in/under a big life rock... It's "smocking" from all the holes though :(

The shell idea worked great!! This morning I added some I could find in my 30g and placed then in from of their cave entrance... I bet when they woke up shrimp was like "WTF I clean and clean and then somebody dumps their trash here... Oh wait, it's nice trash" hahahaha
He is still digging around but the tank is less cloudy today

THX so much!
Here are some picks

Attachments

• image-1271091817.jpg
    image-1271091817.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1841069614.jpg
    image-1841069614.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2683412571.jpg
    image-2683412571.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2425439941.jpg
    image-2425439941.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 107
mysticeel said:
awww they are SUCH a cute pair!!! what are their names?

Thank you :) I could watch em for hours, they are so much fun together

Their names? Randall and Lone Ranger hahahaha didn't really pick decent names yet.

Lol...well if it makes you feel any better my male bamboo shark is called Fluffy and the female Chumpy

mysticeel said:
Lol...well if it makes you feel any better my male bamboo shark is called Fluffy and the female Chumpy

Awwwe, fluffy and chumpy, that's adorable!!!!

We named him fluffy because we came up with a theme song...fluffy-wuffy was a shark, fluffy-wuffy had no fluff, fluffy-wuffy wasn't fluffy was he ^^...my bro thinks that it is for this reason he is uninterested in mating because we turned him gay :p...they are only about 2ft they still need to grow ^^

Back
Top Bottom