Plants off the beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bkmrsteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm at the beach, and I keep seeing these little tree like plants that are washing up. They look green and healthy.

Was thinking about getting a 5 gal tub before leaving, and filling it with some plants and water to pick threw when I get home. What do yall think?

Go for it, but be careful, if you put them in your tank with fish.. It could have a virus that could kill your fish! So just be careful, they're not tanked raised they're from wild, and that's the concern with anyway from the wild :p

Maybe get something like coralRX that would kill pests. I don't know if they have it for plants. I have put hermits and baby spiny box puffers from my beach into the tank

Bkmrsteel said:
So I'm at the beach, and I keep seeing these little tree like plants that are washing up. They look green and healthy.

Was thinking about getting a 5 gal tub before leaving, and filling it with some plants and water to pick threw when I get home. What do yall think?

I would identify the plants before doing anything. Many many invasive species. Also what is your plan for these plants? You never really said.

Schism said:
I would identify the plants before doing anything. Many many invasive species. Also what is your plan for these plants? You never really said.

Plan is likely for the refugeum. I'll grab a pick today, see if yall can help with identifying. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom