Plate Coral Multiplying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Long story short, this plate died at work and now it's growing a bunch of mini ones. Are the small ones eventually going to split off and grow leaving the skeleton behind? I'm thinking of buying it. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400966009.230678.jpg

Are plate corals fast growers? I'm debating picking this one up or another larger one that is recovering fully.

How much is it? How large is the skeleton they are on? Baseball sized? Larger? No, they aren't extremely fast growers, but still a value at 10 bucks a piece to fellow reefers IMO. I'd take a tiny orange plate for 10 bucks ;)

The skeleton itself is maybe 4" inches in diameter with about 25 small plates. I could buy it for 10$, even less if I wait for my employee discount days. It's a good deal considering how many I can sell, plus I really need to get some different colors in my tank lol too much green and purple :p

Just keep them for a while, separate them, and let them grow to about 1.5" then sell them for 30-40 a piece.

Gonna have to make myself some space on my sand bed. Either that or get myself a frag tank ;)

Back
Top Bottom