Please Comment-Criticize-Ask

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, fish would be nice lol. Just know with fish comes nitrates and with nitrates come hair algae. You can rid yourself of that with pwc's and more rock.

100 - 200 lbs sounds good to me. The tank is extremely established. I have 1 yellow tang - 2 ocellaris clowns - 2 damsels - 1 scooter blenny. I def want to add more fish - would it be easier on my current fish to add some live rock and a fish or two? instead of just adding fish.

sniperhawk - were you satisfied with the rock?

needmorecowbell - what is pwc's ? and No die off - it was the way i bought the rock from my lfs.

200 gallon reef said:
100 - 200 lbs sounds good to me. The tank is extremely established. I have 1 yellow tang - 2 ocellaris clowns - 2 damsels - 1 scooter blenny. I def want to add more fish - would it be easier on my current fish to add some live rock and a fish or two? instead of just adding fish.

Ya, but make sure the lr is cured or else you will have die off in the tank which would cause a mini cycle

200 gallon reef said:
sniperhawk - were you satisfied with the rock?

needmorecowbell - what is pwc's ? and No die off - it was the way i bought the rock from my lfs.

Partial water Change and I was wondering if sniper had die off with his rock.

200 gallon reef said:
gboy66 - where do you recommend lr from?

Not sure, i am yet to purchase mine! Im probably going to inspect the rock being sold by people on CL, and if i cant find any good stuff buy a little bit of live atthe lfs and the rest baserock

During any shipping you will have some die off...I had a large amount cuz Fedex beat my box like it owed them money. Freaken holes in it and taped back together before leaving it on my porch in 30 degree weather...

oh ok. I am located near Tampa FL. There is a lfs selling rock for 7 a lb. it looks like very healthy rock - a lot of growth. How could i tell by looking at it if it is cured?

Of course I would, the rock is amazing! I just have a problem with fedex. Are you looking for alot of LR for 7 a lbs? It isn't bad, I bought pieces I liked from Petco for 15-20 just one rock. Did that a couple times. The great thing about LR is that once you get the foundation established you can let your imagination go wild and when you see a piece that'll fit what you want, get it.

i am looking at buying around 100 lbs. I guess the next obvious question is - there are sooooo many types of lr out there - how do you go about deciding on a type?

Well what type of aquascape do you like best? That is how you will answer that question. Fiji seems to be more like a small porous bolder. Caribbean is more flat (which is my preference), and tonga is branching like stated above. I'm sure I missed something.

Back
Top Bottom