Please Comment-Criticize-Ask

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

200 gallon reef

Aquarium Advice FINatic
All pics are posting on the second page of this thread. Sorry.

I have only been in the Salt realm about a year and this is what i have so far. So the more comments - criticism - questions the more i will learn.

In my head i have sooooo many things i want to do to the tank - it is prob best if i make sure what i have now is right before continuing.

I will have pics of the sump - skimmer - return pump soon

All pics are posting in the gallery on my page. I am not sure how to link it to the thread. Sorry.

I have only been in the Salt realm about a year and this is what i have so far. So the more comments - criticism - questions the more i will learn.

In my head i have sooooo many things i want to do to the tank - it is prob best if i make sure what i have now is right before continuing.

I will have pics of the sump - skimmer - return pump soon

Ya i have been looking at craigslist. In pet stores its at least 6-7 bucks a pound, and that gets expensive. On craigslist i find deals all the time for 2 bucks a pound.

The RBTA looks healthy. Your black and white clowns look really cool. Do they host it?

You do know that scooters usually need copepods to eat, right? or does yours eat prepared food?

Your tank doesn't seem to have a lot of live rock. I would get some more base rock, it looks pretty barren.

Other than that, it looks cool :)

Okay then i suggest putting some base rock inn there and in a few months it will be live rock :) haha the rock does get expensive. How many pounds do you currently have?

GreenTurtle - Yea the clowns do host it.

I have been looking for some live rock - i don't mind paying for good stuff but have struggled finding a place. Any ideas?

The scooter goes crazy over brine shrimp - but i am fairly certain there are copapods in the tank, i will always see them when i rinse the socks.

50782-albums2837-picture18463.jpg
50782-albums2837-picture18467.jpg
50782-albums2837-picture18466.jpg
50782-albums2837-picture18465.jpg
50782-albums2837-picture18464.jpg
50782-albums2837-picture18462.jpg
50782-albums2837-picture18461.jpg
50782-albums2837-picture18460.jpg

Check a good lfs for live rock. I wouldn't go on Craigslist unless you really trust the seller because the tank could have been dosed with copper upon many other bad things. If your looking for base rock, which is a LOT cheaper, but not live of course, go on reefcleaners.com. Its very porous and will gain the bacteria from the other rocks.

needmorecowbell - thank you for the advice. After looking at the pics - how much more rock do you suggest? I have about 100 lbs now.

well if the tank is a year old and stablized (I'm assuming it is) I'd start adding some nice fish to that bad boy. A few nice Tangs or something. It looks like it needs some fish swimming around.

Back
Top Bottom