Plumbing for basement sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

I know there are a few that have done this. I think I am getting a Sequence Barracuda and a big rubbermaid trough(50 gal maybe) The pump will be more than what I need pressure wise so I will need to turn it down some. Do I just use a ball valve for this?

Also should I use spaflex for tubing? I have heard a lot of people like it but it is more expensive. Is there a minimum size pipe to run? My return is 3/4" and the drain is 1". I figure I will have to convert the pump outlet to to the 3/4.

Is Home Depot going to have everything I need. I know the Rubbermaid trough will have to come from a Farm supply but will the fittings to let the pump pull from the rubbermaid, etc. be available?

Thanks for any help. I have never plumbed to this degree and I don't want to spend a lot of time hunting for parts if I can help it.

a gate valve or a globe valve will give you a lot better flow control. ball valves are typically only good for shut off and very rough flow control. if you can go with the gate or globe valve.

~mike

Back
Top Bottom