pods galore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 12gal nano and a pods population explosion. Normaly you can see a few when the lights are on and obviously when lights have been off for a while. I came home tonight (lights were on) and there were pods all over the glass, I mean 50+. Never seen them like this before. I knew there are alot in the tank, but their usually not on the glass. This is a problem since my wife hates bugs and that's essentially what they are.
Do I need to get a fish? Here is what I have in the tank.
mushrooms 40+
ricordia 1
polyps 100+
snails 5
hermits 5
cleaner shrimp 1

I would suggest your wife avoid the tank when that happens... :wink:

I mean no offense but a healthy population of pods is very beneficial for the tanks health and the other animals in it. Deprive the ecosystem of one part and the whole suffers...

Cheers
Steve

kinda what I thought. Is there a such thing as too many pods. should I get a fish to help with the pod population. I like not having to worry about my nitrates, not having fish and all.

got bait? said:
Is there a such thing as too many pods.
Not unless they are parasitic :wink: in all honesty though, the pods we are talking about are very beneficial.

should I get a fish to help with the pod population. I like not having to worry about my nitrates, not having fish and all.
You have no need for any fish so it comes down to do you want a fish. By your less than enthusiastic responses to one, I'd say not...

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom