poisonous fish ques

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

easyian

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Foxface Lo and my Yellow Tang hang out together like old college drinking buddies. They hang out with each other in the same corner, and if one happens to slip away without the other noticing it seems to be a race to see who can find the other fastest. They even eat together. My question is If my Tang were to get accidentally stuck by one of the spines on the Foxface would that prove to be fatal or would it be more of an irritant and just be able to shake it off?

Thanks
Ian

I don't think you have anything to worry about. If the tang were to get stuck, and I think it's very unlikely, it shouldn't bother him much. I had one in a 180 with a yellow tang and they got along just fine as well.
Also, just a note for future reference...the Foxface is venemous as opposed to poisonous.

I have a foxface that the tangs were harassing when it was first introduced to the tank. The blue spot tang would relentlessly get poked, it never phased him one bit. However, when he did the same thing to the big lionfish, he had a bad day, but recovered.

Back
Top Bottom