pom pom crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
does anyone have experience with a pom pom crab in a reef tank? I have learned from this web site to research before I buy. Cannot trust my LFS with the right answer. :scrambleup:

No it doesn't like corals. It is more a filter feeder. I'm not sure about the emerald... I know the pom pom won't hurt the emerald but I'm not sure about the other way around.

I had a pom pom in with an emerald for about six months until the emerald died for some unknown reason. The pom pom would actually take pieces of krill from the emerald.

If there is any part of the anemones left it should.

They are reef safe.

I personally do not consider emerald crabs as reef-inhabitant safe. They are simply too willing to eat too many things (hermits, snails, fish, shrimp, other crabs, etc.).

Depending on how large your tank is I would be cautious about adding the pom-pom crabs. Not because they may cause problems.....but because you will never see them. I have about four emerald crabs in my 90G reef and I rarely see them. Pom-Poms are much smaller and if I put any in there I would never see them.

I have a small tank. My emerald crab likes to play with some polyps that have dropped to the sand bed . He is really a hoot to watch. I place seaweed tied to a rock. He goes crazy with that.

Back
Top Bottom