Poor yellow watchman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed that my yellow watchman goby has an injured upper lip. Like over half of it is missing. Not sure if he got into a fight with some else or what. I do have a coral banded shrimp, but never seems to bother anything. He is paired up with my pistol and seems happy. Maybe a mantis in my new LR? Everything else seems fine. No way I will be able to catch him without tearing my reef apart (again) so that is out. He is still eating really well, I am soaking food in garlic. Any other suggestions? Thanks! Lando

If he is still eating well, I would just keep an eye on him. I hope it doesn't start to look any worse. The stress of tearing apart the reef again would not help him.

When I first added my Yellow my CBS kept nipping at his dorsal fin. It's a bit ragged looking but after a few days things calmed down and they hangout next to each other all day now. I don't know if the pinchers are strong enough to tear the flesh of his lip though....unless it a huge shrimp.

CBS

what does CBS stand for? I was thinking of getting a watchman gobby and a cleaner shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom