Porcelain Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnS

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know porcelain crabs are generally OK in a reef tank. I'm just wondering if you can have too many? 'Cause I have a lot! I must have 15 to 20 that are easy to spot and I think they are reproducing. It seems like every other day I find a new tiny one (barely bigger than sesame seed!). Is it possible for them to reproduce one or two at a time? I would think I'd see a ton of eggs followed by a bunch of little ones.

Just curious as to whether too many could be a problem and if they really are reproducing.

Thanks!

never heard of this happening ur right to assume they are reef safe, since they are filter feeder, but WOW u have a lot. I cant see them hurtung anything unless they were to all die off at once or something.

I have had 2 for almost a year. Never seen any signs of reproduction. As long as they filter feed(wave the fans :)) you should be ok.

If you want to give some away, I have some space in my tank. :wink: My other one could use some company!

Wow, thats a ton! 8O
Keep them fed. They may be a mellow species, but they are still well equiped crabs.

Back
Top Bottom