Possible Coral Problem culprits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatoeSc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a GSP that isn't doing well at all. It's a young tank with a number of frags, all LPS. None are taking off yet, but all but the GSP are at least coming out every day. Everything I have in there (at least intentionally) is reef safe, but I've noticed that the very small blue-legged hermits tend to be all over the GSP. I've always assumed they are just foraging, but now I wonder.

The GSP hasn't come out in days. I moved it to a higher spot and have been monitoring all my levels closely using RedSea titrater test kits for Ca, Mg, Kh, and Iodine. Mg seems to be the only thing that I have to replenish regularly... Some kh.

I have seen a LOT if very tiny snails that I didn't add... At least not on purpose. They are tiny, smaller than a BB. The shells are grayish there's no identifiable markings. I've also seen 2 of the small starfish that I'm sure we all have in our tanks. I'm not sure what to do. I've got prolly $240 worth if frags in the tank and really don't want to lose these guys. Any thoughts?

Well what other corals do you have? Small snails don't sound like a pest of green star polyps that I know of. Oh also gsp isn't an lps coral. Lps stands for large polyp stony and gsp doesn't have a skeleton.

Well what other corals do you have? Small snails don't sound like a pest of green star polyps that I know of. Oh also gsp isn't an lps coral. Lps stands for large polyp stony and gsp doesn't have a skeleton.

Still new at this. Unfortunately I can't remember all names, but one is a leather, 3 are zoas, 1 is a mushroom, 1 is a frogspawn. There are 2 others I don't remember the name of. One has a soft purple look when it's closed, and the polyps are green. The other is a purple polyp that I believe falls into a pipe organ family(?). The mushroom appears to be getting chewed on.

I have 2 ocelleris, 1 goby and a banghai cardinal Along with the crabs and 2 peppermint shrimp. At least I think there are 2. I only see 1 at a time.

Back
Top Bottom