Post pics of QT set-ups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh i forgot heater :p
i got one of those cheap ones at walmart that stay at 78F

Well DBrown, I now feel accomplished. I have given advice to lots of people on here, but if I've gotten someone to QT for the 1st time, I am very pleased.

I really hope you pursue a set-up! :dance:

Haha I'm glad you feel that way, I'm very thankful for you posting this thread, it's people like you and people that converse on threads that really help out beginners that don't know too much, like me lol

Here's the funny thing... I was watching this forum and a bunch of others for about a year before I started posting.

I've had a SW tank less than (2) MONTHS. Yup, but reading, researching till my eyes bled, asking lots of questions. I'm to the point now, that I'm very confident I give sound advice... and if I'm unsure, I let one of our experts chime in.

In all honesty I probably have more hours into reading and researching SW and reefs than I do in my Bachelors and Masters degrees combined. That is no joke!

Wow, that's crazy and I feel like I'm leading towards that same road lol I downloaded this app on my phone about 2 weeks ago and I live on it always reading about stuff I think I need to know or just the things I'm interested in, and I'm all about asking questions, whether it's in somebody else's forum or starting my own and hopefully my questions are something other beginners are looking for too but may just be a little too shy to ask. I would rather ask a question on any little thing I see that may be harmful in my tank because I would rather gain the knowledge than have anything die

Absolutely, Carey and Buffy both have very good, and very LONG build threads that answer tons of questions along the way.

I swear, Carey's 125 build could be the next NY Times best seller!

Haha yea carey has been very helpful not only in the threads but I pm'd her about so base rock that I saw her say something a while back as I was just reading through different ones and she go back to me quickly and told me all about it, and one of her tanks that I'm thinking of is amazing, it might be the 125, not sure

Thanks guys for the kind words. i work all day researching and posting on here. yeah, I'm home all day with not much to do but take care of fish and research. I for sure do more researching and reading than I ever did for ANY college course. I am like a sponge, I just love to absorb knowledge.

As far as my threads, they do get a bit long but I ask alot of questions not just for me but for those reading. Some dumb ones too just in case. :)

Here's my fishie photo that won last month

img_1513841_0_d6dc7b88f645f228ae56cfe8cfe60f5b.jpg

It was a shot in a million as I suck at photo taking. LOL And since that photo was taken my watchman has gone from brilliant yellow to a pale white as he is stressed about the new clowns I added. Hoping he'll hold on long enough for me to move the clowns.

lol

:-D

Thanks, I hope so too. he is very aggressive for his type of fish, he is always doing the open mouth lunge at the scooter and the scooter could care less. he doesnt actually attack any fish just does the mouth thing which I find hilarious. lol I find it even funnier that not one fish gives a darn about him but yet he's stressed. I'm itching to do a water change but I dont wanna stress the poor guy to death .

Reminds me of a chihuahua trying to scare a great Dane lol soundslike it would be funny to watch, is he in the 125, just wondering why he would be so stressed about putting 2 fish in, he should have plenty of tank to himself

My watchman gobie is a chicken. Though I often see him at the mouth of his cave watching the other fish. I always hear an old man in my head yelling "get off my lawn". It's that grumpy face, as my wife puts it

Did anyone have a problem with maintain their pH in a QT? I set up a 20g long, but the pH dropped to around 7.0 . So far, i've been using marine buffer to try to raise it, but I was hoping there is a natural way to maintain the pH. I have a penguin 200 filter on the tank so I think that's enough surface agitation.

Reminds me of a chihuahua trying to scare a great Dane lol soundslike it would be funny to watch, is he in the 125, just wondering why he would be so stressed about putting 2 fish in, he should have plenty of tank to himself

The YWG is in my 29g cube with a goby, a mandarin, a scooter and for now the two b&w clowns. Its not like theyre crowded in either, the citron goby mostly perches, the mandarin is alwasy flitting around and the scooter is all over the sandbed scooting usually. Don't know what the YWG issue is. He did the same color turning thing after I did a pwc last weekend. i guess he's just sensitive or grumpy as another put it. LOL He does have a grumpy look on his face all the time

Did anyone have a problem with maintain their pH in a QT? I set up a 20g long, but the pH dropped to around 7.0 . So far, i've been using marine buffer to try to raise it, but I was hoping there is a natural way to maintain the pH. I have a penguin 200 filter on the tank so I think that's enough surface agitation.

I had the same prob until i started using the water from my DT after that it seamed to stay around 8-8.2

Back
Top Bottom