Powder Blue and Yellow Tang together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had a yellow tang in my tank for about 5 months. He's doing well, but very territorial.

I really want to grab a powder blue tang but I'm sure the yellow tang will be unhappy about it. Is there a solution to this problem? I've read people successfully keeping pbt and yt together when introduced at the same time. Could I put the yellow tang in qt with the pbt, then introduce them both to the main tank together? Or maybe swapping my yellow tang for another at my lfs when I buy the pbt would work?

I'd love to have them both if possible.

I have a 110 gallon with only a yellow watchman, yellow tang, and 2 clowns. Don't plan on adding anything more except a mandarin.

Thanks

- Skins

Yeah, I was thinking that - you mean swimming room right? It's a 110H so that isn't helping.

These were in a 75g together for about 3 months before I upgraded to my 90g and found a new home for the YT and orange shoulder. Compatibility wise think you are fine, but lack swimming room as stated above.

Attachments

• dscn0083.jpg
    dscn0083.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom