Powder Blue Tang or Hippo Tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They def do..that's crazy. I've come to the conclusion that there's really not too many concrete yes or no answers in this hobby of ours..mostly a trial and error "see if it works" answer. I still have to stick with my answer though, tangs in general are active swimmers and need a lot of horizontal swimming room..so I say no, but as previously mentioned, its his tank and if he wants one then we can't stop him

Like most people I'd recommend against the hippo tang. But you could do what I did with my 75 gallon and a friend with a large reef.
I bought a hippo as a baby at one inch and once it hit three and a half inch I donated him to my friends reef.
I still get to visit and he is nearing 5 inch in an 8 foot x 3 x 2.
Its possible to keep them as baby's but find a suitable home for them at full grown before purchase.

I would go with the powder blue tang. They are more docile than the hippo tangs, and less likely to get ich because blue tangs are known for that. But i'm not saying that all blue tangs will get ich but....... I would still go for the powder blue tang.

I know someone that has a blue hippo in a 120 gallon for almost twenty years and he's only around 10 or so inches so a hippo would be fine in a 125 gallon tank

The powder blue tangs are not more docile, they are one of the most aggressive tangs.

The powder blue tangs are not more docile, they are one of the most aggressive tangs.
Yep(y).......The regals are the shy timid ones

Fish only get ich because its already in your system ,,keep it out ,all the stress in the world will not give your fish ich..I can go chase all my fish for an hour and they won't get ich

Back
Top Bottom