Powder brown tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all. Anyone out there have experience with a powder brown tang. I am looking to replace my purple tang that I lost a few weeks ago. This is a fairly uncommon fish (around here at least) and that is what makes it attractive to me. From what I have read they require at least a 75gal tank. Shiping and acclimation are particularily hard on this fish, but once acclimated they tend to do pretty good. My LFS oredered one for me to look at and it looks really good. Nice color and great lines. Most of you are familiar with my set-up and current livestock so any and all comments are welcome. thanks! Lando

Lando,

My LFS had one and it was beautiful! I'm sure it would make a great addition to your setup. As you QT, I don't forsee you having any problems. I'm sure you have some cleaner shimp to keep him clean! My PBT (very similar to the brown) hightly values thier sevices.

Jim

An experienced keeper would probably do well. Newcomers seem to have problems with newer tanks and powder browns. They aren't as hardy as the purples and yellows IMO.

Wow, thanks for the welcome Rob!! :lol: I was still deciding whether or not I liked this site, but your warm welcome sealed the deal...I think I will visit again :wink:
thanks all for your comments. Looks like a cool fish so I may give it a try. Just wanted to run is by everyone here first. More comments welcome! thanks! Lando

I have no experience with them but I think of all people, you would do well with one. :D

Lando, I've kept a Powder Brown in my 180 reef for a few years. Great fish. Voracious appetite and beautiful coloration. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom