Power compact question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I got an orbit 4x65W power compact fixture.

Not sure if it's broken, but the actinic bulbs only seem to have blue light coming out of one side of the bulb. While for the normal lighting bulbs, both sides of each bulb has white light coming out of it.

Are the actinic bulbs broken?

The actinic bulb is a dual actinic, one side is 420nm, other is 460nm actinic.

Thanks.

The actinic bulbs are not broken. It's just that you have a dual spectrum actinic lamp and the 460nm hue is stronger than the 420nm (which you think is out).

i bought a light from the same co. i purchased the dual satilite. ( 2 x 65 watt ) if you look really closely in a darker room with outh the 10,000 / 6500K bulbs on you will see the other side of the dua; actinic glowing. i really like mine so far.

steve r

It is normal. That is the number one question i get from customers who buy these fixtures.

i believe the watt rating of the bulb still applies . it is just at a wavelength humans eyes dont detect as easily, but it's there :D

steve r

Anyone with these lights (4*65) have corals. I want to start out with a Fish and mobile inverts tank, and add corals later. Will I need a upgrade MH.

I have a rose anenome, hawaiian feather duster, and a slew of crabs and snails. They have all held up for the past few weeks. The lighting seems appropriate for them.

Back
Top Bottom