Power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irishmike7979 said:
I went with two 750 power heads when I first started and have always hated it. Ordered my first mp10 for my 55 and it will be here tomorrow :) probably going to wait another month before I buy the second one though because of the price

Your gonna LOVE it! TRUST the con lol. Your tank will... Well... You know... Tank you!! :)

Mrc8858 said:
God convict you keep talking up those vortecs and my wallets gonna hate you haha

Ill talk them up till you have them running in your tank and smiling like a kid at christmas. Im sure in the .001% chance that you did not like your purchase, you could return it;)

That's what I'm afraid of!!!! If I like the one so much I'll prob end up ordering the second one sometime this week.

Reef octopus and an mp10 :) :). Gotta say I love dr fosters & smith I live in chicago, placed the order yesterday and it got here at 10am

Irishmike7979 said:
Reef octopus and an mp10 :) :). Gotta say I love dr fosters & smith I live in chicago, placed the order yesterday and it got here at 10am

Thats great timing !

I know couldn't be happier with that! I placed another order with BRS and it will be here on Monday. Both were ground shipping.

Getting ready to install the mp10 on my 55 gallon and just wondering if you think the spacer is needed. I don't know what the diameter is so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it! Even if it's not needed do you think it should be used to cut down on noise?

I have a 55g with the Hydor Wavemaker Controler 2 and I just upgraded to 2 Hydor 4's and I love the flow for my SPS. The best powerheads are probably 2 MP10's

Irishmike7979 said:
Getting ready to install the mp10 on my 55 gallon and just wondering if you think the spacer is needed. I don't know what the diameter is so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it! Even if it's not needed do you think it should be used to cut down on noise?

No the spacer is not needed on a 55g. Your glass should be 1/4". Follow the attachment intructions. No closer than 4" from surface to prevent vortex and the pump sucking on air. Also once attached go into Constant Mode (Green) and crank it to 100%. While running align the wet and dry side perfectly until as much noise and vibration is removed as possible. If not aligned properly they will vibrate and shorten part life.

Thanks so much every thing is running great and I couldn't be happier. Sorry for hijacking this thread but here is a pic of what the old powerheads used to look like and then what it does now

image-2215736402.jpg

image-953403382.jpg

Also decided I'm definitely buying another one in two weeks lol

quick quest i have a 30 gallon tank which im planning on making a reef tank what power head is good for this tank, how many, and what gph, im not looking to spend more than 100 on power heads lol

joseramentol said:
quick quest i have a 30 gallon tank which im planning on making a reef tank what power head is good for this tank, how many, and what gph, im not looking to spend more than 100 on power heads lol

For reef you want 30-50 times water volume as far as flow so for a 30g tank youd want 900-1500 gph of flow

For reef you want 30-50 times water volume as far as flow so for a 30g tank youd want 900-1500 gph of flow

so you think i should go with 1Hydor Koralia Magnum Pump which is 1650gph or with 2 Hydor Koralia Evolution Pumps which are each 750gph, i will also be adding a Ocean Pulse Wavemaker

Back
Top Bottom