Power outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My buddy has a 800w and 668 CCA battery. He ran a pump, heater and air tube system for his 125 for about 5 hours and the battery level only dropped to 51%.

but your missing the point, a large inverter and a battery is around $150 or more, your more than have way to a generator with the added advantage of powering up your house. Woot has generators once in a while for $250, I always post links when they do, like I said with a transfer switch, my 3500 watt gen., powers 90% of my house and 100% of my reef, its an investment.

I wasn't missing the point. I was just saying since someone said what about stacking them. I added because my friend has a bigger tank. Generators are great besides the fact they are loud and put off fumes.

Use they give off fumes but they were meant to be run outside, and I guess loud is dependent on where you live, I am sure if your in an apartment they probably are not an option, but if you run a large reef, a car battery and inverter just isn't going to work more than an hour or two at most.

True. I guess it depends if you want to run the whole tank system or just ones to keep it stable. Mine is just for emergencies and when it happens all I run is a pump, heater and air line.

Back
Top Bottom