power sweep power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one in my FW tank and has worked ok since i got it. with that being said I also had a second one that I used in my SW tank and it craped out in three weeks. Even though it says it's good for SW or FW, I think your chances are 50/50 with this one. IMO. :crack:

I have been using one for about 6 months in my spare SW tank. It still sweeps ok. It was probably faster when it was new but it is still running. The output is not that great and it is bulky though.

HTH

BAD.

IMO they are not worth the packaging they come in. Total junk when it comes to providing water movement. The output is no where near the rating on the box. expecially when compairing the output with a simularly sized Maxijet.

I could give you my experience, but I would just be repeating fishfreak...Worthless.

I would like to point out our Product reviews area. I belive there is a handful of reviews in that section on the powersweep aswell.

Had a powersweep in my SW tank for about 2 months before it stopped sweeping altogether. A thorough cleaning would restore the sweeping for a few days. The output was very low (and it was a big powersweep.) All in all, I junked it after about 5 months and will never buy another one.

Had a PowerSweep as well. I used it in my SW tank just to find out it lasted maybe if I was lucky a month before it stopped sweeping. Worthless IMO..Too bad there's no Lemon Law for garbage like that on the market. Let me point out that when I cleaned it it worked for awhile then did the same thing all over again. And how can they call it"POWER" Sweep? Especially when there is a huge lack of it..

Back
Top Bottom