Powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Whats a good power head for a 65 tall tank that has good air flow for fish and corals

how much money would you like to spend on flow?
Since you posted in the reef section, I'm assuming you want a reef. Flow is important for a successful reef since different corals like different flow (rockscaping will factor into flow).

Terrance said:
how much money would you like to spend on flow?
Since you posted in the reef section, I'm assuming you want a reef. Flow is important for a successful reef since different corals like different flow (rockscaping will factor into flow).

Yes I want a reef one and for the price probably a high to med but not a low price because I want good flow

I would suggest going with the Hydor Koralia Evolution line of powerheads. They are by far the most popular lower price powerhead out there right now. they have great reviews, flow, and durability. As for which one, I am not sure how much flow you are looking for but I would go with 2 or 3 smaller ones rather than 1 large one so you can have a little more dynamic flow in your tank.

I would suggest going with the Hydor Koralia Evolution line of powerheads. They are by far the most popular lower price powerhead out there right now. they have great reviews, flow, and durability. As for which one, I am not sure how much flow you are looking for but I would go with 2 or 3 smaller ones rather than 1 large one so you can have a little more dynamic flow in your tank.

2 koralia 750s plus your return should be a good start.

I'm currently running a 65 gallon and am using two hydor 1500's, they have good flow and it doesn't seem to be too much, I did just put the hydor wave maker on this past week to vary the flow a bit more and all my corals seem just a little bit happier. The only down side so far is the powerheads make a bit of a racket when switching channels but nothing too loud, I went with the 1500's as I will be switching everything to a 150 gallon as soon as I collect the needed equipment

I have about a dozen of the Korilia power heads. I like them, but a few of them have started the trick of starting backwards. That's a pain.

Back
Top Bottom