Powerhead for 55 gallon mixed reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was wondering if one jebao wp25 would work on my 55 gallon mixed reef? Or if I should get two and have them alternate power like every 4 hrs or so...so basically one runs for 4 hrs and then the other runs for 4 hrs?

One would probably be enough. I put a wp40 in my 60 and it's on the lowest power level.

Ive gt a wp 25 on my 77gal and its perfdct flow on muddle setting

Already have 2 jbj 1600s on a wavemaker and just don't like them...even have 2 425 koralias that run constantly but just not motion I'm looking for the corals. All the corals are fine and grow great but just been searching the jebao and from what I've seen I love the way everything moves. Just more curious if the switching of flow from different sides has any benefits or if the one jebao wp25 will be fine. From what I've seen one would be plenty just curious

I got my jebao wp25 today and now wondering what I should run it on? I had it in for a hr on else mode and s3 but seemed strong...should I leave it in else mode for a day or so to see how corals react?

I've just orders the same pump for my 55 gallon. It will be good to see how it goes. Mines gonna take 2 weeks to come

I have wp25 on my 55 gallon plus 750 gph koralia, 250 gph koralia and the return pump lol!! No dead spots

Daney what do run it on? My frogspawn seems like it's taking a beating on else mode and other side of tank from the power head

Mix reef. I have to hide my frogspawn though because it wasn't liking the flow. My anemone is on the side of the tank where there's a big rock that's prevent the high flow and im thankful it didn't move anymore. It a pain in the *** if it moves. If I reposition my powerheads I need to make sure my wp25 faces up pointing towards the side, 750 facing wp25 but not directly so my zoas and palys are not hit and clam won't move.

I was thinking of having 2 wp25 facing each other. Do you think that would be overkill

i know im still trying to figure out how daney has so much flow...i cant run the wp25 on else mode its too strong...i have it on w1 s3 knob about 50% seems like my sweet spot

so pump works great but i got a question...i do not have a sump and have an jbj on back of my dt i had to turn it off because the wave action turns it off and on constantly, so my question is how do i go about adjusting my ato to account for this? or is it not possible?

Back
Top Bottom