powerhead question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a powerhead that has the cord coming up out of the top... is it ok to submerge the whole thing underwater and put it at the middle of my tank?

It will usually depend on the power head, but any PH sold for aquarium use should be submersible. It should have a tag on the cord that may tell you.

With the other thread you have going though, I would not suggest moving it down. Leave it near the surface.

Cheers
Steve

I would place the second PH at the opposite end still near the top. If you direct the flow towards the glass, it will cause sufficient turbulance to keep the lower parts of the tank circulated.

I think in your case, this will be of much more benefit. Although having PH lower in the tank will not harm anything and depending on the amount and denseness of the LR can help keep dead spots from accumulating excess detritus.

Cheers
Steve

I would read the instrution manual since I have seen some power heads that say do not submerge.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom