pre-filter in sump and overflow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

match55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi everyone,
I am using eshopps overflow and wonder how many of you who have one use it with the prefilter.
also my return pump has a prefilter as well, and I think it trapped dirty stuff in them and cause my nitrate to stay at 20ppm.

so r the prefilter bad??
I know I have to use it on my return pump to stop little particles get stuck in the pump, but its the overflow pre-filter needed or recommended?

also do I need to wash the U-tube?

thanks

hi everyone,
I am using eshopps overflow and wonder how many of you who have one use it with the prefilter.
also my return pump has a prefilter as well, and I think it trapped dirty stuff in them and cause my nitrate to stay at 20ppm.

so r the prefilter bad??
I know I have to use it on my return pump to stop little particles get stuck in the pump, but its the overflow pre-filter needed or recommended?

also do I need to wash the U-tube?

thanks

I only use the prefilter on the overflow when the water is cloudy. It's not required, but I guess its good for clearing up water. (even though it's a very coarse filter.) The U tube shouldn't really need cleaning unless theres a build up of algae and junk.

Back
Top Bottom