Preliminary Fish Stocking list for the Hawaiian themed 120g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

Aquarium Advice Freak
1: Chevron Tang
1: Blue Throat Trigger
1:MultiColor Angel (I know its from MArshall Island area, but i really like them and its close enough)
1:Secretive Wrasse
2:perc. Clowns
1:Fancy Bicolor Anthias (thinking of maybe putting in 1 male and two females, but they r a larger anthias and 3 might be too much)

What do you think? I don't want to go overboard, but i think i am just about maxed out with these fish.

If added slowly the list looks pretty good. I would consider two or three anthias vs the one.

I looked at those, but i read that Bartletts can be a little sensative and have a rough time if any of their tankmates are the slightest bit aggressive. I was a little worried about the angel and maybe the wrasse giving them a hard time.

And while on the topic of maybe putting in another fish from the Marshall Islands, what do u think about a Mystery Wrasse instead of the Secretive Wrasse i like the Mystery more and since i am gonna have another fish or two from the Marshall islands why not make it one more.

I'm not a big fan of them, my friend had one and had lots of problems. Also i don't want to put more than one angel in the tank. One fish that is probably gonna reek havoc on my corals is enough for me and they probably wouldn't get along.

I think you would be OK on the bartlets. I have three and I also have a giant 4 stripe damsel that will occasionally chase them but they are too fast for most fish.

Considered how chevrons change colors later? Not as pretty as they are when smaller IMO.

Also, on the anthias - I love them, but not a fan of feeding daily. I always thought they wouldn't survive in my tank to well considering that. I went for the schooling chromis instead. Surely not as pretty.

I have thought about the Chevrons colors. However, my LFS has one in their show tank and it is full grown and gorgeous. Even though its darker than a juvenile the lighting in the tank brings out this neon green color in its stripes, which looks really cool. I think its due to extra actinic bulbs, but i'm not sure. I'm hoping that i can bring some of these colors out later on when it is full grown.

About the anthias. I usually feed my tank daily anyway so it won't be a problem. If i don't do a pair of clowns i should be ok putting in 3 bartletts right?(1 male, 2 female)

Back
Top Bottom