Premium Fiji LR from Liveaquaria.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColdFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey All

Just posting this as kind of an alert for anybody planning to order LR from Liveaquaria. I got my second order today of 45 lbs Fiji Premium and what I got was 3 rocks total. Not so much as a single piece of rubble. I'm actually kinda pleased by it since I already have some small and medium sized pieces. Was mainly looking to add some height to my current aquascape, so this will make the work easy.

The reason I'm saying this is an alert, is because if I had no other rock in my tank, I don't think I would be happy with what I got. I believe that they did the same thing to pkremer recently also. Anyone planning to make an order with them anytime soon may want to mention this and see that it doesn't happen if large pieces aren't what you're looking for.

Sorry, didn't take any pics. I got it out of the packing and directly into a trash can to start curing. Didn't take long to put it up though. Three pieces, roughly the same size, about 15lbs each. Will grab a pic and post it when I go to change water in the trash can. Don't get me wrong, the rocks look nice, just may not be suitable for aquascaping depending on situation.

As long as you got your 45#'s worth, I would think a hammer would make as much rubble as you needed.

Yes, they did this to me too, as ColdFish mentioned. I ordered two 30-pound boxes of Lalo Live Rock, and one of the boxes I got ONE 30-pound MONSTER! I called and complained (even breaking it wouldn't have helped, it was just plain old boring), and they bent over backwards to fix it. They sent me a new box (which also only had 2 rocks), but these were beautifully shaped and were very interesting rocks, so I was happy with what I got. I did take a hammer and break one piece into 3, and now I have an aquascape I enjoy. Check out the caves!

Paul

Attachments

• rock_158.jpg
    rock_158.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 40
Wow, I'm glad you mentioned this, as I'm getting ready to put an order in with them. Maybe I'll call instead and mention getting several smaller pieces instead of one big one. Thanks for the heads up.

It's part of ordering stuff for your tank online. I'm sure there are lots of success stories, but I was only brave enough to order all the hardware for my tank online (lights, skimmer, books, filter...etc). Everything that goes in I have to have a good look at before it goes in. Fish, rock, and inverts are something I would be too picky about to let someone else decide which one suits my tank, so I'm pretty particular about the selection.

Having said that, I am going to be buying coral for my tank soon and am really impressed with the variety (and the price) online, and am very tempted to check out what it's all about. The only trick is getting it delivered to Canada - I"m worried they'll all perish or be in ill health making the trip.

Back
Top Bottom