Problem with my christmas tree coral.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a really nice 5-6" specimen for $6 at work 3 weeks or so ago. It was fully opened and would shrink back up at night. One morning about 2 1/2 weeks ago I found my huge starfish on top of it trying to eat it. I quickly removed the star and it didn't seem like too much damage was caused to the coral due to the fact it pulled itself completely inside. Ever since then it only comes out about 1" or so when my actinics come on then kind of retracts back in with the MH"s come on about an hour later. any idea if this thing might still make it or what may be going on? When it comes out the 1" it looks perfectly normal with no visible damage.

May want to move it down some in the tank. It obviously was shocked by the starfish, now it sounds like it is reacting to the metal halides. Try placing it in a slightly shaded area and slowly work it back up to where you had it.

It is actually the full way down in the tank(about 35" from the MH lights) But it's not in a shaded area so I can try doing that.

Back
Top Bottom