problem with placement of heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschnuck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am placing 2 200 watt heaters, (just becuse i have them) in my 55 gallon FOWLR tank. I have a message posted here about my PH troubles, but once those are good, can the heaters be placed horizontally at the top of the aquarium on the back wall? As I finished building the aquascape with the rock i realized i forgot the heaters. Just wondering if leaving them at the top will create heating issues. I have 2 maxi-jet 1200's pushin the water around and will have a Magnum 250 running occasionally for polishing of the water, so im hoping the amount of water turn over will make up for the bad location. Will this be ok?

I think that I wouldn't worry too much assuming that the water circulation is good - ' just keep an eye on your temp of course --john

How close to the top? If the water level ever drops below them, due to evaporation or if you're doing a water change and forget, then they will shatter.

you could get a canister that's made just for heaters and circulate it with a water pump. I have that kind of rigging on a 75-gallon planted freshwater tank and it's been running for quite a few years like that without any problems at all.

if u put your thermometer close to the bottom of the tank then u can monitor and see if the water is circulating good enough to keep a constant temp all over your tank...i think it would be fine... but im new...dont forget to watch your water level

Back
Top Bottom