proper attack on cyano and diatoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean57

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been fighting red cyano and brown?diatoms? On sand. Red is on rocks brown on sand. Tanks about 10 to twelve weeks old. For two weeks I did heavy water changes. No different. For last week and a half I have added algeacide. Do I stirr the sand? Or let it sit? I've been storing and moving it when I clean. Is this the correct?
Today I took out the carbon bag from my filter thinking this may be absorbing the algeacide? Could this be? Any help would be great thanks ahead of time.......

don't stir the sand bed.

how big is the tank and whats the stocking list? also how long are your lights on and how often do you feed?

answering these questions will help a bunch

Nano cf 28 gallon, I have six hermits four snails 7 corals and two clowns 6 to8 hrs on lighting last two weeks feed two to three times a week.

Lots of people say to do water changes, but whe n you do you are adding more nutrients for the algea. When the algea absorbs everything from the water column that feeds it, that is when it starts starving to death, then remove manually or the dead algea releases phosphates and so on and the bloom starts all over again. That's my experience anyway. Also seems to be the fastest way

Back
Top Bottom