Pros and cons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here's what we were thinking of getting for our 40, I'd like to find out what everyone's opinions are and any potential problems.

Yellow watchman goby
Royal Gramma Basslet
Filamented Flasher Wrasse

Here's the biggie question, from what I read these are all peaceful fish and reef safe, but I've also read that Wrasse's like to be in a tank with female wrasses, should we if we go the Wrasse try to find a female also or would we be ok with just the 3 fish? Would we have problems between the Wrasse and the Basslet?

Thanks!

Kaurene

I'm not sure on the flasher wrasses, but fairy wrasses are harem fish and if not surrounded by females the males will change sexes and become females. There is not a problem keeping just one, and I think you could keep a couple or three in your tank, just make certain you pick a species where you like the look of the female as well as the male. Also, be aware that flasher wrasses and fairy wrasses are noted as jumpers. I think the wrasse and the gramma will ignore each other for the most part, but all fish have individual personalities so...ya never know :wink:

Cool thanks Kevin, just have to find some we like then, live aquaria sells some nice ones but they all seem to be male. I didn't realize they'd change sex that's pretty cool. So if I bought 3 males 2 of them would change?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom