protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DamselnDistress

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a turboflotor hang on skimmer yesterday...225 bucks...kind of insane. But n e ways i have a question about it. The bubbles that come up? Should i set it so they're always coming to the top or half way up or what? Also...my lid to my tank totally doesn't fit over it. How do you guys deal with that and what do u put over ur tank? I'm thinking about just building a sump but i'm freaking out like a champion thinking its gonna overflow onto my expensive wood flooring. Any suggestions?

I dont have this type of skimmer so I cant help but as far as fitting on the tank I have a section cut out of my home made canonpy to make room for my skimmer. If your using a comercial light unit you might not beable to do this. You will just have to look at it and decide if its possible.

If the sump is properly sized and proerly filled and the overflow is properly maintained you will have no real problems with water spillage.

Back
Top Bottom