protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeladawng

Aquarium Advice Activist
Currently running a seaclone on my 75 and to me, based on posts I have read here relating to how often everyone seems to have to empty the cup on their skimmers, this thing is a piece of junk. I hardly ever have to empty mine. I am pretty sure I have the adjustments right after watching a few videos on youtube about them but it just doesn't make much skimmate. I am looking to get a new one but I need one that is a HOB, or one that will fit inside the cabinet. I do not have a sump and have no room for one. If I remove the shelf inside the cabinet, it is 25" from top to bottom. Could anyone give me a suggestion as to what to do? I am tired of my water not being clear enough....I change 15 gallons of the water every Sunday and my parameters are fine, but it just isn't clear enough for me and I have a feeling it's gonna get worse before it gets better since I am dosing with Melafix and Pimafix right now (skimmer is off) to help my Copperband out. :thanks: in advance for any suggestions

I use a Corallife 125 on my 90, and have had no probs. it is a hang on, it set up easy, and "broke in" quick, and keeps it crystal clear. I did a little research before I bought one and found not many people had good things about the Cyclone.

I have the eshopps hang on skimmer and its working great. 2 day break in period and skims nasty gunk from my reef.

Back
Top Bottom