Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ayrton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Saline Solutions Protein Skimmer which I have had for about 8 months. It has worked great but the last few times that I have done water changes the proteins skimmer keeps pumping out white foam for many hours and takes out about 10% of the water out of the tank before it slows down. It is only white foam not dark foam. After it slows down it then goes back to pumping out dark foam. Could anyone tell me why it is pumping out so much white foam and what should I do. Thanks very much.

Are you using any type of water conditioner? If you are this will cause the skimmer to go nuts!

As stated above any water conditioners or additives will put additional "slime coat" in the skimmer and will need to foam out.

Yes I have just lately I have been using Aqua Plus Tap Water Conditioner. Normally I use distilled water but ran out. Thanks very much for the answer. Is there any way when I use tap water that there is something I can use of do to stop this problem.

I use Marinelabs BIO-Safe ... it detoxifies water without the slime coat additive...

Back
Top Bottom