Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MT79

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've just added a visi-jet PS protein skimmer [100 Gal per hour PH] . What trace elements does it remove? I know it removes calcium, but what else should I look out for? I have LR and a bubble tip anenome.
Thanks for any advice.

For what you have in the tank as this point, weekly water changes would be your best resource for replenishing trace elements and keeping the chemistry inline. Additives for the "sake" of using them is a waste of your hard earned $$ and could cause more harm than good.

The amount the skimmer will remove should not be of much concern at this point of the tanks developement.

Cheers
Steve

I think you will find that smaller more frequent water changes would be more effective and have less impact on the system as you would have more opportunity to "maintain" rather than change or increase levels.

Personally, I would recommend 10% weekly water changes as opposed to larger ones. They are also alot less mess, hassle and not as time consuming. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom