protein skimmer Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe&rae

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a prizm, and it is giving me a lot of trouble. It wants to randomly over flow water in to the collection cup and then on to the floor, Any ideas on how to fix?? Or what skimmer to get that will not give me a headache and is not too much money. i have this one but i cant seem to get a pump to work it. They all are too much or not enough.

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 56
I'm not familiar with either of those skimmers. I know the prizm can be a bit touchy at times.

Do a google search for Octopus Skimmers. I'm certain there is one that will work for your tank and fit your budget. They are very good skimmers and well worth the money.

I use excalibur skimmers and have pretty good results with them. Skimmers unfotunately are one of those things that you get what you pay for. JMO

Yep. Getting what you pay for is one of those things in this hobby that really rings true.

What size tank? Check out the Aqua C skimmers. Can even come with the pump. :)

Did you recently use Prime tap water conditioner? I heard that can make your cup fill with water real fast. If you have an air hose you can pinch it with a clip to restrict air flow for a day or so might help too.

Back
Top Bottom