Protein skimmer not working.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThAtGuY11

Aquarium Advice Regular
i bought a protein skimmer 2day because i recently bought a bit of coral. i payed $120 au and the guy at the place assured that it is the best i could get for my tank. i have a 90l tank and he said it can do up to either 500l or 500gal, with way.. the problem is that where the foam is ment 2 gather, the bubbles just poop and no foam forms. the guy gave me a clamp for the air intake which i have fiddled around with and no improvement. he said the the water level should be right in the skimmer and im pretty sure it is. some light on the situation would be nice :)

Thanks
ThatGuy

What brand skimmer is it? Can you post of pic of it in action?
New skimmers need a break in period where all the oils and crap from the manufacturing process get removed, so you just may be going thru that break in.

cccapt hit it on the head...my skimmer did nothing for the first two weeks I ran it...It takes time for the protien layer to build up and the unit to break in. Give it some time. You will probably notice some micro-bubbles for the first week or so as well.

i wont bother posting a pic because i think yous definitly got it right. and yeh, i am noticing A LOT of micro-bubbles in the tank

Thanks guys :)

Back
Top Bottom