Psychedelic Mandarinfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all. LFS has a great looking spotted mandarin in stock and they have had it for several weeks. Looks fat and has great color. They have been feeding froozen blood worms and I watched it eat them right up. I already have a green mandarin and was just wondering if you all think my 72 gal. with 140lbs of LR would be able to support the psychedelic mandarin as well. thanks! Lando

I had both but had a problem with them both being male(90g ). The psych killed the target after about a month of terrorizing him. Check to be sure they are either both female or one of each.

Yeah,male are evry territorial and will kill each other.They are kinda like bettas but I think they are less agressive.But you could probably put both of them in the smae tank as long they are NOT the same gender.But I a lttle worried about the coepod and amphipod population.It would greatly decrease because of two mandarins.It would help if you had a sump or a fuge.

Not sure about them going after each other... .but I can tell you that my psycho goby eats prepared foods too...... no issues with feeding.... maybe aggressiveness.

That is good to know about the prepared foods. I have a sump and tank full of pods. Even with a sand-sifting star and green mandarin I still have a ton, but was a bit worried about his diet. I will see if I can sex both fish before I proceed. I believe the males have a larger spike at the front of their front dorsal fin.

the psycho is the bullseye looking madarin.... instead of a full pattern they have green skin with colorful bulseyes and madarin colored fins...

Back
Top Bottom