Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clown boy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Put a small puffer in yesterday and all he has done is hide is this normal ??

I only do FW, not SW, however, I have to think that even SW species require time to adjust to their new environment. How did you acclimate him and what else is in the tank?

Everything was done by the book he was brought from local shop but all other fish have been ok he just seems to have disappeared not sure if this is common with puffers I do have a lot of rock to hide in thanks for your reply
Lee

Other fish are
1 regal tang
1 yellow tang
1 angel
1 clown
1 firefish
1 star fish
5 hermit crabs

Put a small puffer in yesterday and all he has done is hide is this normal ??
Perfectly normal for all fish to hide when introduced ..give him a couple days ,and make sure he's not getting pushed around ..You have an aggressive bunch,but the puffer in time will fit right in..,and you can say bye-bye to your star and hermits

He's only small about an inch and have tank split in two so should be fine

7ft he has just shown his face for 5 mins and back in hiding so not so worried cheers

It took my puff 2-3 weeks before it would come out from constant hiding. Now it explores my tank when I'm around the room.

My puffer hid for 1 week just curled up now hes starting to cruise the tank. Also he didny eat ANYTHING for a week and now he eats brine.

Porcupine puffer and just opened a muscle and left it in the tank

Back
Top Bottom