Pulsing Xenia feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmc

Aquarium Advice Regular
A friend gave me a frag containing a fair amount of pulsing xenia and a couple of mushrooms. They've been in my tank for a little over a week and seem to be doing fine - xenia is pulsing a little bit but has not extended 'arms' to full length as it does in my friends tank (I'm told it does this to dispose of waste)...

Can someone tell me what I should be feeding the xenia and whether the mushrooms will benefit from same? Or, do mushrooms require a different type of feeding?

Thanks for any help with this...

jmc

I do not target feed any of my corals. I feed froozen mysis or krill twice a week and flake twice a week along with nori for my fish. My corals get food from these feddings. I do feed DT's live playnkton once or twice a week as well for the filter feeders. HTH...Lando

I use phytoplankton twice a week, microplankton once per week.

The xenia will also close around small pieces of my blender mush when I feed my royal gramma, yellow tang and Condy.

And depending on the lighting, that Xenia will take off. I'd recommend placing it only in the top third area of the tank unless you ultimately want it to cover a large area. It grows towards the light. Mine multiplied probably 12 fold in the last 8 months and I feed it nothing.

place it in the top of th tank. if it takes then it will wok its way up there any way. mine cn move like an inch a day when they were working on getting up the rock work

Back
Top Bottom