pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
For a 20 gal. sump set up with a 50 gal. tank, should I get a mag 5, or a mag 7 pump? my head height is 53"...

A MAG 7, it will give you about 460-475 GPH @ 4 ft head height. What is your overflow rated at? That will determine if the MAG 7 will work or not.

Cheers
Steve

i dont have an overflow box yet im waiting so i can buy all of my sump supplies all at once....

Mag 7 will be fine. A Mag9.5 would be fine aswell as long as you sized your overflow to fit the flow fo the pump.

okay...im buying the supplies for the sump online...good idea?? or will there be better prices at a LFS?

GoodFish said:
okay...im buying the supplies for the sump online...good idea?? or will there be better prices at a LFS?
Most likely online but it won't hurt to check and compare. You should decide on which overflow you're going to get the before you buy the pump though, it will make your pump decision a bit easier.

Cheers
Steve

yeah I am im shopping around online right now and when I get back from vaca. i will buy everything....

Back
Top Bottom