Purified Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Whats is the difference between RO/DI water vs The Brita and PURE water filters they sell at like Home Depot?

Here is my RO/DI unit. It gives a little info about what it does.

Reverse Osmosis Aquarium Water Quality: Maxxima RO/DI Units

I think as far as the Britta it is just purified with GAC if I`m not mistaken. Not the best way for a reef tank IMO.

WOW... That's Awesome...... Now I feel like i am killing my fish with Tap water..... Now I no why you guys are highly recommending and RO/DI unit.... It makes me want to start all over again..... :(

You can get them for much cheaper on ebay that work just as good. You dont need to start over just use RO/DI water from now on and you`ll be OK. Did I ever give you a link on tap water? I thought I did.

You can get them for much cheaper on ebay that work just as good. You dont need to start over just use RO/DI water from now on and you`ll be OK. Did I ever give you a link on tap water? I thought I did.

Yes... The link you sent me was great.... I did read up on it....

How long could I use Tap Water for?

In the next 2- 4 months i will be getting newer Equipment to better up my 55g.... I was wondering since i am short of cash for awhile the first thing will be the RO/DI unit.... Will me using tap water for that long of a period be unhealthy for my fish? I read the articles on tap water already I know the chemicals that are in there just don't want to worry about it everyday.... I mean for now I haven't see anything that could hurt my fish or water Parameters yet My coraline if growing like crazy and my fish are looking very healthy no problem as of now.... I use prime and tap water to top off for now and Distilled water in the grocery store I don't trust....

Back
Top Bottom