Quaritine of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ffmd212

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have reached the end of my eight week wait period to rid my tank of ich. I am getting ready to restock and will this time follow the good advice I have received have received here and utilize a QT before placing the new fish in the display tank. Now, how long do I keep fish in the QT? Will this depend on the type of fish or will it be just a standard length of time for all new acquisitions?? Thanks

really depends on who you ask... some qt a week, some 2 weeks, some 4-6... i do 2 weeks minimum on all of my fish, unless i see a problem or potential problem... If you get new fish and they have a disease, then of course youre going to want to keep them in longer to treat them and make sure they are healthy before introducing them to your dt... Thats just how i do it

Thanks! I was thinking that about a week or two seemed reasonable as long as they acted ok and showed no disease. Thanks for you advice!

I just do it long enough to observe for awhile and make sure they dont have anything. Maybe a week or two. I never treat unless I know what I`m treating for.

Quarantine is the treatment of an expected parasite or disease. Majority of quarantine practices are 30 days, no less. Anything under 30 days is a Holding tank.

Back
Top Bottom