Question about Chloramine treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eknuds

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was just looking around the net a bit about water treatment systems, and I was thinking, how much algae friendly (but coral and fish unfriendly) nitrogen am I adding to my aquarium by using dechloraminated tapwater?

It is hard to say with out a TDS(Total Desolved Solids) test I would say invest in a RO/DI unit or if you cant because of landlord restrictions ect , use distilled water ...

REmember that RO or RO/DI systems can be set up in such a way the you don't have to make any permanent changes to your apartment plumbing.

Russ @ BFS

Buckeye Field S said:
REmember that RO or RO/DI systems can be set up in such a way the you don't have to make any permanent changes to your apartment plumbing.

Russ @ BFS
care to elaborate please we have copper tubing in all of our plumbing

Sure - For example, we have hose bib splitters that you can attach to your laundary outlet, adapters for the kitchen faucet, and a nice fitting that can be screwed in place where your bathroom or kitchen faucet attache to a valve beneath the sink.

None of these require any permanant changes to the plumbing.

Russ @ BFS

I do like the idea of the one to the laundry however I am not sure that is on our kitchen ...
We were told not to do anything to the plumbing temp or permanant ....I will look into this option but will likely stick to bottled distilled till we buy our own home :(

Back
Top Bottom